Post Quiz: Our Solar System

0 Conversations

Post Quiz: Our Solar System

Okay, this isn't fair. Galaxy Babe will know all the answers. The rest of you, pay attention to local affairs.

Short answers.

  1. Why do we see those 250-mile-high plumes coming from Jupiter's moon Io?
  2. Can you find water on other planets in our solar system?
  3. Have we visited all the planets in our solar system?
  4. Are all the planets stable tectonically? (Except for Earth, of course.)
  5. What is Jupiter's Red Spot?
  6. What does our solar system have roughly 3100 of?
  7. What is the Oort Cloud?
  8. How did Ann Hodges form a particularly close relationship with the solar system in 1954?
  9. Why are asteroids lumpy and funny-shaped, and not nice and round like planets?
  10. What is the Saros Cycle, and do we need to tell Starfleet about it?

Harder than you thought? Click the picture for answers.

Io, the moon nearest Jupiter.
Click for answers.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

11.06.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87911544

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more