Farm-Fresh Eggs

0 Conversations

You know you want to comment. Your mouse finger's itching, just looking at it.

Farm-Fresh Eggs

A carton of farm-fresh eggs.

This probably wouldn't please customers in the grocery. But they would be wrong to turn their noses up at these delicious, farm-fresh eggs, just because of the variety in sizes. The small ones are from the young hens. Their production isn't quite up to peak standard yet. There's the usual 'blue' egg (looks sort of aqua to me) from the fancy chicken. And then there are those huge white ones.

The ducks, besides being voluble and driving the chickens crazy with their quacking all day, are egg-laying fools. They lots of big, tasty eggs.

There's an old German saying that farmers are suspicious about unfamiliar food. This is true around here. Apparently, some of the locals don't know that you can eat duck eggs. So the Hoggetts don't tell them where these yummy eggs they're giving away are coming from – until they rave about how good they are.

Dmitri Gheorgheni Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

15.10.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87919889

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more