Post Quiz - Halloween Costumes: Answers

0 Conversations

Halloween Costumes: Answers

Do you think Halloween is too commercialised? Do you disapprove of costumes that aren't scary? Do 'fairy princesses' get up your nose? Discuss. Meanwhile, here are some answers.

  1. Are you a Halloween fan? Dress like Michael Myers. All you need is a mask of another famous actor: William Shatner. (True: the original mask cost $1.98.)
  2. You landed in Yorkshire in style back in the 1890s. You'll need a cape and fangs to be Dracula. (We want a remake with Sean Bean.)
  3. Get your mermaid tail and a wheelchair, sing 'I Will Survive', and go as Bette Midler's famous Dolores DeLago. (Both beautiful and empowering.)
  4. Put a werewolf mask on, grab a microphone and turntable, and go as DJ Wolfman Jack. (Get ready to howl.)
  5. Put on a faux-sealskin coat and tell everyone you're a selkie from the sea. They're very romantic. (There are folksongs.)
  6. Grab some hardware from the toolbox – a couple of bolts will do nicely, just glue them on your neck – add some fake 'stitches', and you're the Frankenstein monster. (Lurch a bit.)
  7. Grr, aargh. Even if your costume monster was only invented in 1968 (in Pittsburgh, no less!), you'll always be a hit as a zombie. (Nobody will notice you at the Monroeville Mall.)
  8. Want to stick your head in some vegetable matter and become a vengeful demon? It's based on a 1988 cult film, but you might enjoy being Pumpkinhead. (Remember, eye-holes….)
  9. Alfred K Bender was terrified of them. Agents J and K are two. All you need is a cool suit and hat and some dark sunglasses to be a Man In Black. (Memory-erasing flasher optional.)
  10. You can put on your old academic gown and a pointed hat, carry a wand, and tell people you're from Hogwarts. (This is the only Halloween costume we know of that involves going to school. Ugh.)

Remember: in some parts of Canada, it is illegal to trick-or-treat if you are over fourteen. Stick to parties, or go ring Prof Animal Chaos' doorbell.

One of Clive the Flying Ostrich's Halloween pumpkin carvings
Click for answers.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

29.10.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87920805

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more