The h2g2 Post: 14.01.19

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 14th January 2019

Wise Scribes and Perspicacious Photographers

Feed Your Head at the Cactus Cafe by Freewayriding

Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Matthew 13:52 AV


This week, the h2g2 Post brings you the Wise Scribes and Perspicacious Photographers issue. We have fiction and photos. It's amazing Stuff. The writing is (literally!) on the wall. We have proof, you'll see. The writers explore the world and its possibilities, both inside and outside our heads. The photographers show us the weird and wonderful: the wonderful but weird as well as the wonderful in the weird.

Some things are as new as this morning's paper. Others are blasts from the past. We have a guest essay by a king who wore a powdered wig, that's how esoteric we are. Oh, and a guest cartoonist from a couple of centuries back. What good is a time machine if you think all the good stuff happened this morning? say I. Fitting in with our theme of old and new, Awix reviews a brand-new film about doings from 300 years ago. You're going to have fun rummaging around in our pages. As usual, read, leave comments, and work on contributions.

According to SashaQ, twice as many people read the h2g2 Post in 2018 as in 2017. And no, FWR, they weren't all here for the music videos. (We have one of those, too.) People keep discovering us. Remember to share on your social media of choice. Get your friends to join the party.
Cat Laundry
Speaking of parties, there's a h2g2 Anniversary Meet coming up in a few months. Keep an eye out for the announcements, and make your plans to be at the Shakespeare's Head on 27 April.

Also remember: January Create's challenge is to share stories about the influence of the Hitchhiker's Guide on your outlook and activities. If you haven't sent your contribution in, get to work.

The usual features can be found below. Help caption the photo. Join in the weekly protests against the 'Writing Right' column that make the Post Editor's life so rich and meaningful. Laugh charitably at our jokes. We try.

And have a great week!

STOP PRESS NEWS! The latest h2g2 book is out! It's by Willem and it's called Colours of Wildlife: An Artist's Celebration of Biodiversity. You can order your personal copy from Lulu, our new publisher. There's even a hardcover edition! We know you've been waiting for this. Congratulations to Willem and the editing team for this one.


Create January 2019 by Freewayriding
January Create Challenge:
Drawing Inspiration from
The Hitchhiker's Guide


Dmitri Gheorgheni

OUTDOOR QUESTIONS

PUZZLED PEOPLE

  • Post Quiz
  • Inventions from the
    Hitchhiker's Guide.

STORYTIME!


LOLZ
THINK PIECES
  • Video
  • Ecclesiastical electronics.

LOOKEE, LOOKEE


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87925369

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more