March 2019 Create Challenge: Workplace Follies

1 Conversation

March 2019 Create Challenge: Workplace Follies

March 2019 Create Challenge by Freewayriding

Grateful acknowledgement to bobstafford for this Create Challenge.

I've been working on the railroad, all the livelong day….
I've got an old mule, and her name is Sal, fifteen years on the Erie Canal….

Where do you work? Indoors, out? In an office, or on the high seas? Or do you, like the Post Editor, assault the internet ether from your home office while fending off cats in your pyjamas? (How did the cats get in your pyjamas?)

Wherever you work – or worked, should you have reached retirement age – you probably have stories to tell.

  • What happened that was interesting? Unusual?
  • Any pranks you want to tell us about that won't get you into trouble with the police?
  • Did you meet any interesting characters around the office?
  • Any mysterious goings-on you'd like to share?
  • What, if anything, have you learned in your working life, other than 'lunchtime is an illusion'?

Share your working stories with us! Write poems, essays, and tales. Send us photos or artwork. Write Guide Entries on the history of working. Want some ideas? Read Studs Terkel's landmark book Working, or go watch the musical. Then get back to us!

We'll be on a long lunch break, but the secretary will take a message.

Create


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87931704

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more