Public Art: Nicola Tesla, Unplugged

1 Conversation

Public Art: Nicola Tesla, Unplugged

Statue of Nicola Tesla with Phred Firecloud

Phred Firecloud writes:

The entrance to the Niagara State Park has a seated statue of American immigrant genius Nicola Tesla. The 200-foot drop between Lake Eire and Lake Ontario at Niagra Falls drew him here for the electric possibilities. Nicola died in New York City on January 7, 1943. His papers were confiscated by the FBI.

The statue is symbolically unlighted to reflect the lack of public recognition of his genius. He built a tower in New Jersey to communicate with aliens. He is said to have visualized the alternating current electric motor after a nearby lightning strike.. "Lightning in His Hands" is a book about his life.

Tesla's disputes with Edison and work with Westinghouse were the subject of a 2017 movie "The Current War".

You can visit Bob's blog here. You can read about Nicola Tesla and his exploits in the Edited Guide.

Create Challenge Archive

Phred Firecloud

27.07.20 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87992284

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more