The h2g2 Post 26.04.21

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 26th April 2021

Biological Exuberance

Red the Cardinal by DG.

Birds do it, bees do it, even h2g2 Researchers do it. Enjoy the spring, we mean. Things are budding and growing and putting out beautiful blooms. The little frogs are ribbiting in the stream. Ducks are quacking, peeps are peeping, and Micah the dog is telling the goats all the latest gossip.

That's the northern hemisphere, of course. Down in South Africa, Willem is still going on trips to find exotic plants and animals. All around the globe, masked humans armed with cameras are on the move, bringing their observations to the Post email. You're going to enjoy this week's issue, which includes a visit to the farm.


Here are some highlights:
  • Willem shows us a dove and another stunning vista.
  • Superfrenchie offers us honeysuckle.
  • Woolly Mammoth has spotted the first puffin of the season. We're grateful: we don't have any puffins, ever.
  • FWR has a wild story for us. Bluebottle keeps going. So does Desideria. There's a new weird critter to caption, too. Speaking of captions, see what you make of the dog hotel balloon Sasha found.
  • Awix shares a painful cinematic experience. With music.
  • Over at the Hoggett farm, the flowers are spectacular. Ducks, chickens and frogs are setting up a chorus. The peeps are growing, look at them dancing in the barn. Micah the dog says hi: she loves to tell about it.
  • After you've enjoyed all the loveliness (some of these photos are amazing!), check out the new challenge for May. Send in your photos and stories about Earth places of wonder. We'd all appreciate.


We'll be back next week with more Stuff. (Send more Stuff!) Remember to keep a safe distance from other humans as well as geese. They like to bite. (The geese: we don't know about the humans.)


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: Chasing a weasel round my garage, finding half a magpie under my motorbike, breaking our glass garden table, smashing favourite tea mugs....my idea of a tidy up went well. Productive morning!

FWR


Create May 2021 by Freewayriding
May 2021 Create Challenge:
Places of Wonder


Video Extra: Hungry Birds


THE NATURAL WORLD
Honeysuckle

French honeysuckle after light rain, by Superfrenchie

THOUGHTS

GREEN ACRES IS THE PLACE TO BE

ObligatoryDog

Micah the Dog by Mrs Hoggettr.

RARE SIGHTINGS



Take Us to Your…
No, Better Not!

Take Me to Your Leader, by FWR.
AMUSEMENTS
STORY TELLERS


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88019157

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more