The h2g2 Post 13.03.23

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 13th March 2023

Signs of Spring

Crocuses.
Tavaron's garden thinks it's spring.

The crocuses are out in Austria, also other early spring flowers. Meanwhile, the Post Editor woke up to snow and sunshine this morning. (It's melting, but still…) More snow and ice pics are still arriving in my inbox and will be shown another week. (Memo to self: we need an Easter snow retrospective, probably in the form of a video.) At the same time, Willem will soon have Fall in South Africa.

Outside our internet windows, on social media, I have begun to stop following those who think their contributions should come in the form of opinions in favour of those whose offerings involve photos and videos and 'hey, look at this!' Our gifts to one another shouldn't be recycled 'hot takes' and tired platitudes. Instead, let us regale one another with the amusing and pepper our timelines with images of the unusual, the beautiful, and the endearing. This is my personal resolve as I go into another year on this planet, a milestone that has made TJ the cat very happy because it came with Bags (see photo in this issue).

So, this issue: full of lovely things. Birds. Kitties. Natural beauty in all its forms. Proof that our contributors get around, also on foot. Our special feature section this week: a tour of York, which is an amazing place and even has an Ice Trail, complete with Delorian. A safari in a forest, with historical overview by the knowledgeable Bluebottle. Look, read, learn.

Humour. Fiction that is also humour: Professor Animal Chaos has been waiting patiently to share his take on this year's writing challenge. Now it is here. You will rejoice – this kind of writing is unique to h2g2. We suspect this is because we are under galactic quarantine. They don't want it to spread.

The novellas have reached Chapter 17. There will be surprises.

Jokes, me droning on, cinema, a picture quiz. We hope you have fun with this issue. Have a good week, stop to appreciate whatever's in bloom/cheeping at you from the trees/gamboling about, and remember to send more Stuff.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: When you become fearful of ideas, you forfeit your freedom.

– Ken Burns, documentary filmmaker
A bowl of hot soup.


February/March 2023 Create Challenge:
Winter Food


Video Extra:
h2g2 Looks at Planet Earth
(Slightly askew)
Click here in Ripley


FUR AND FEATHERS
Elegant Landing

Swan looking inelegant as it lands, by Willem.

FUR FLIES


A VISIT TO YORK


Ice Trail

Ice sculpture of a Delorian, by Angel LiaDan.


WALKING TOURS




Monochrome Walkies
Sunlight through a bare tree in black-and-white, by FWR.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
  • Create
  • Murder Most Duck,
    by the Prof.

SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A88020678

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more