The h2g2 Post 17.04.23

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 17th April 2023

Springtime Springeth…

Plum blossoms by FWR.

And we're here for it. It's been a long winter. Although Willem's part of the planet is headed into fall, he seems to be quite comfortable, and reports that he's been very busy visiting the flora and fauna and birdies and such, and will soon have more reports for us. In the meantime, there's a lovely bird in this week's issue.

In the meantime, our contributors north of the equator have been busy, too. Things are budding out In the UK and Austria. We suspect from the photos we're getting that our photographers have fruit on their minds. If these gorgeous blossoms are anything to go by, this will be a banner year for apples, plums, and peaches. Here in Pennsylvania, everything's slower. It's been warm and sunny for a few days now: we suspect the greenery is skeptical. (Late snows are not unheard-of around here, and it's only April.)

From the north of Scotland come startling visuals from Paigetheoracle. He and his dog Luna (short for Lunatic) take you on an interesting tour of the area that includes glimpses of a visiting oil rig. I'm still trying to get over the idea of peripatetic oil rigs.

Paul checks in with some pansies, and a reminiscence from his misspent youth. Bluebottle not only spins yarns but also takes you along to see the historic buses of Southampton. Tavaron lets us in on her kids' adventures in and out of the kitchen. Our storytellers are at it again: you won't believe what's going on in these stories unless you read them, so go and do that. You may not believe what was going on in the movie Awix watched, but he'll be glad to tell you all about it.

In other words, this is a truly spring-worthy issue. Take it with you as you explore your own environment, and don't forget to bring your own cameras along so you can record things for us. Have a great week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

– Frédéric Bastiat

Kids (human) milking a goat.


April 2023 Create Challenge:
Unusual Jobs


Video Extra:
Musical Kitten
Click here in Ripley


THINGS WE'RE LOOKING AT
African Broadbill

African Broadbill by Willem.

THINGS WE'RE THINKING ABOUT


WORLD IN BLOOM


Another Mountain View

Austrian snow-capped mountains, by Tavaron.


A VISIT UP NORTH




Spot the Dog
Luna the dog at the end of a hedge, by Paigetheoracle.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88021550

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more