25 Years of Memories: The h2g2 Anniversary Challenge

0 Conversations

25 Years of Memories: The h2g2 Anniversary Challenge

Dolphins leaping.

We, the Researchers of h2g2.com, the Earth Edition of that wholly remarkable guidebook to the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything known as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, can look back with some pride on the last 25 years. We can do this because we accomplished some pretty cool things, such as amassing quite a lot of Guide Entries, publishing ten books, and connecting quite a few people around the planet.

We're approaching our next quarter-century, which we hope will be even more replete with excitement, adventure, and bizarre things to write about. It's a good time to take a moment to look back at some of the excitement and adventure we've had, and the bizarre things we've written about, over the last 25 of 'our Earth years.' Do you have any h2g2 memories you'd like to share?

Tell us:

  • What h2g2 has meant to you. Did it help you make friends? Connect with like-minded individuals? Find a new interest? Get over a difficult time in your life?
  • Did h2g2 lead you in new ways professionally? Did it help you find a new hobby?
  • Did meeting other Researchers influence your travel plans? Share your adventures with us!
  • What was your most memorable online moment with h2g2? Was it the time we helped a stranded Researcher in a London airport – in real time? Or the Tony Curtis episode? Or the First Coming of Nighthoover? If you have a story, we want to hear it!
  • Have you written any memorable Guide Entries? Have you read any? Share your favourites with us.
  • What were your favourite hangouts back in the ancient times, say between 1999 and 2006? What did you get up to?
  • What h2g2 traditions would you like to bring back? What new traditions would you like to see?

NB: We know that, at the moment, we're holding ourselves together with love and sticking-plaster. But give us time, and watch this space. In the meantime, let's reminisce a bit and remind the galaxy that some things are too good to be forgotten.

Create Challenge Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

29.04.24 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88048498

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more