The Supreme Force Called Love (CAC Edition)

1 Conversation


Love is the strongest force on Earth. Some experience it often, a few just once, and some never. But those who have tried it will never forget the feeling.


Sometimes it can be hard always trying to do the right thing, but for some reason nobody notices you. It is so much easier to notice noisy but shallow people. And with love, shallow is never good. It's too easy to put all the good things you would like for in a partner into a shallow person - there is nothing to tell you that you are wrong!


But what is love, then? It's fairly easy to define:
Love is the single most important feeling in the human universe. Love is being there for another human being, being there completely and without hesitation. It's talking and communicating, sharing special moments, sharing everyday life and boring Sundays. It is loving each other at the parties, when everything is fine, and being there during the dull and grey weekdays, thus making them even more colourful than the largest party spent away from your Love. Love is slowly getting to know all about this wonderful other human being. It is knowing your Love's past and accepting it, it is cherishing the gift it is to be together in the present, and it's knowing that no matter what happens, you will be there in the future.


Love is, narrowed to a very basic word, a question of trust. It is letting go and trusting this other person. It is not being afraid that what you say will be passed on to others. It's knowing that your Love will not laugh at you or think you're silly when you talk about your doubts and fears, because we all have doubts and fears! And once you trust your Love, once you know that what he or she tells you is the complete truth, once you know that your Love will not leave you should you become fat and old, should you get paralysed and blind, then you are free ! It sounds so simple, and anyone who have felt like this will agree - it is the best feeling in the world!
This is love. But there is a difference between being in love and falling in love!


When you fall in love, you create a make-believe picture of your dream love, and you place this picture on top of the person you have fallen in love with. You are closing your eyes to all the small imperfections, ignoring the situations in which you don't agree, and pretending that you are happy with every part of the person you love. No person can ever live up to such expectations! And once the picture cracks, and you start to see the real person you are with, then you will have to see if you truly fit together as well as you imagined. This is falling in love.


But, oh, love ! It is amazing! Love is the thrill of getting to know another human being, it is the wonder of realising that this other person loves you so completely for being the one you are ! And it is knowing that you love him or her just as much. Love is seeing all the small imperfections and loving them all, love is realising that you are not the same as your Love, and it's feeling blessed that you don't agree all the time - love is the day when you wake up next to your Love and you think to yourself: "I have everything I need right here next to me. I don't wish for more, but for this to last for the rest of my life". Love is being happy with every part of your Love, for without all these parts of the wonderful mosaic, your Love would not be your love. Love is talking, making special surprises for each other, kissing, hugging, making love. Love is being able to understand each other even though you don't speak the same language. It is learning to read your Love's language and understanding it. Boys: It is listening to your love - to what she says, but also to what she says ! This is not hard if only you know how to listen.
Love is all this, and so much more!


But the rest you will learn as you move along. If you have met your Love, you will know what I mean. And if you haven't yet:
Don't become shallow! Don't try to change into a flat caricature of a person. Be yourself, be honest to yourself, be open and thoughtful, have dreams and hopes and guard them with your life. They are what makes you special ! And don't ever, ever, think that nobody will love you for the one you are! You are a very special person, you are something unique. And even if you are not the centre of all parties, even if you prefer a cup of hot chocolate to following fashion every day, even if you dare to be you and not what others try to make you, so what ? The one for you is out there, looking for you at this very moment! I know it for a fact. Just be open, don't be naïve, don't leave your heart unguarded, but be open, and you will meet the One.


Love is blind... so give Her a chance to find you!


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A9229494

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more