Perendev's permanent magnet motor

1 Conversation

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2004/06/30/6900029PerendevPowerMagneticMotor/index.html

There is a video (prototype II)of the device working in a walk around on the right side of the page. The intriguing thing is that the motor violates the second law of thermodynamics, using an offset configuration of magnets in a stator and motor.

information on the configuration and magnetic interactions within the device, including a simulation.

http://www.fdp.nu/perendev/

quoted from the main site:

For centuries, inventors have been claiming to come up with magnetic motor designs that use nothing more than the power of permanent magnets for the motive force; and for the same amount of time, mainstream science has responded that this is impossible. "It has been proven mathematically that no combination of permanent magnets in any arrangement will generate power."

History tells us that what has been proven in many people's back yards and garages does not always coincide with mathematics of the day.

Refusing to be daunted by what he considers to be petty dogmas of academic science, inventor Michael J. Brady of Johannesburg not only claims to have produced such a device, but reports that his company, Perendev Power Developments Pty (Ltd) is now in process of manufacturing it on a large scale for markets in Europe, Russia, and Australia.

Perendev's new website was published recently at http.//www.Perendev-Power.com with the assertion that they have achieved the milestone of producing "the world's first fuelless magnetic engine."

Other inventors who claim to have built working all-magnetic motors would take exception to the Perendev claim to being the first, as stated on the site. Brady mentioned that he had noticed some inaccuracies on the wording on the site and that he would be addressing them.

What is yet to be attained by anyone is a market-ready device. If Perendev continues on the track claimed on its site, it could achieve that distinction, and set the hitherto balking scientists community into motion to come up with theories of why it works.

Brady estimates that the first units will sell for around $8500 Euros, but that the price will decrease as volume sales increase.

The site features video footage of an earlier prototype running as well as computer simulations of the newer designs. The prototype video is not skeptic proof, as it does not do a walk-around during acceleration. Brady has been promising another video that would do a walk around before, during, and after motor engagement and acceleration followed by disengagement and deceleration.

A page about the motor says that the motor works "by focusing the magnetic field, the angles of the magnets and a special method of shielding." Also, "the motor does not require external power to start up." Brady reports that tests run have shown no diminution of magnet strength over period of motor operation, which was two months in one instance.

As the stators become engaged, the three rotors with off-set magnet alignment begin to spin. The speed is controlled by a governor. Without the speed control, the device would accelerate to destruction.

Brady also states that a 4 megawatt unit is plausible with this design, and has been rendered in conceptual blue print form.

A German company has licensed the manufacturing and marketing rights for all of Europe and Russia, excluding the U.K., and is in process of tooling up to begin mass production. Two other groups are in process of negotiating licensing terms with from Perendev. One is in the U.K., for rights to manufacture and market in the U.K., and the other is in Australia, for rights down under.

Brady brought a prototype to the Germans in mid March, and said they have been testing it since that time. The prototype has been undergoing testing by TÜV, a German consumer quality control agency.

The name of the German company will be revealed when they have finished tooling up and are ready to begin production, which Brady estimates will take place in a month or two. He said that these units will be consumer ready for application in home use, pending the stamp of approval from TUFF. Brady also plans to allow German television crews to document the device for public view.

Twenty kilowatts is adequate to handle the peak load of most homes. Ran continuously at that rate, the excess produced during average use, which is five percent of peak use, could be sold to the grid for a quick return on investment. It will put out quite a bit more than twenty kilowatts, said Brady. "That is what it is rated to produce continuously."

In May he reported to have tested the unit with a larger alternator rated at 60 kw "with very little degrading of the motor's performance."

Brady has been churning on this idea for thirty years, and actively developing it for approximately the last five.

"We've been through hell -- no money coming from anywhere -- but we made it through." A German citizen working in South Africa for a Hollywood project came and talked to them and told them, "Let's put that behind us and move forward."





Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2973260

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more