A Conversation for h2g2 Citations

And wiki references?

Post 1

sprout

Intrigued by the fact that A4643787 has now had a couple of references, I wandered over to wikipedia's article on waste and saw that it is quoted as the first reference there as well - it's cited as the BBC, rather than hootoo...

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting subset, and I wonder how often hootoo articles are quoted on wikipedia? Quite often I suspect, given their obsession with finding something on a weblink, no matter what it is...

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any good way of searching wiki to find out.

cheers and thanks for the very interesting article,

sprout


And wiki references?

Post 2

Icy North

Thanks sprout smiley - smiley

I'm updating the list all the time (I'm currently working through around 20 more), so if you want to know when things change, subscribe to the 'Here's One You've Missed' conversation for announcements.

I used to go on Wiki and complain when they plagiarised my entries without linking to h2g2, but I can't be bothered now. At the time, you could fairly easily search for 'h2g2' and throw up a list of them, I seem to remember - can you not do that now?

Google Scholar throws up citations in all sorts of Wiki clones (New World Encyclopedia, etc), but I haven't listed them. I do include a few online citations, but only the well-established and referenceable sites with a bit of academic provenance to them.

smiley - cheers Icy


Key: Complain about this post

And wiki references?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more