Knotwork and Origami Waistcoat GuyJust for my benefit I'm starting with a few of the links I have found useful:
- - a weekly h2g2 'magazine' with cartoons, competitions and various researcher's regular ramblings.
- Scout Recommendations (this should only work if you are a scout).
- PR by date entered (for Scouting)
- GuideML-Characters - useful for adding in accents, umlauts, cedillas, mathematical symbols and the like
- Named Entries - a useful set of h2g2 links
- Recent Edited entries - in the last month
- Forthcoming Entries - in the next month
- The League Of Obsessive Nitpickers - aka LOON (making members LOONies), a group one can ally oneself to if one enjoys making pedantic comments on h2g2 entries. When I do this I tend to sign myself Pimmsaloonie
- H2G2 Jargon - quite useful summary
- Spicing up your user page may be useful if you are new to H2G2 and have a blank canvas as a Personal Space
- MARQUEE tag in GuideML - to make things move around on your Personal Space
Welcome, , to my little place in h2g2
The Stout Scout
I have been here five years I was until the start of 2005 a Scout, but resigned due to other commitments meaning I spend much less time on h2g2.
I used to describe myself as the Stout Scout both because I was a touch portly, and in an obscure and almost meaningless reference to Lettuce, a minor character in the Reginald Perrin trilogy by David Nobbs.
I lost a bit of excess stoutness betwen June and October 2003, but regained it, and between June 2007 and February 2008 managed to lose it again - I followed the JUDDD diet, which I have extolled he virtues of to many people, as it is fairly esy to follow, being easy to understand and not requiring excessive willpower or special meals to use. On down days I ate a few (in season, and then resorted to dry crackers). I can probably now wear waistcoats again that had been a bit too snug, though as a downside my jacket looks a bit loose. Think: Winnie the Pooh doing his stoutness exercises in front of his looking glass.
If you want to know what I've written on in H2G2 see the accompanying entry, informatively titled "Pimms' entries".
My interests include:
- Celtic Knotwork,
- Performing in amateur dramatics,
- SCUBA diving,
- Recreational Mathematics:
I have been told that I am a bit , but also a "top bloke".
If the person telling me this hadn't been so I might be prouder of the compliment.
You can think of me (if you like) as male, possibly a bit of a . I also live in the middle of a sea (on an island).
Researcher No. 21+9+9+3+0=42. Nice and simple. No more need be said on that subject.
H2G2 Researcher Code Further revelations may be included later if appropriate.
-----BEGIN H2G2 CODE BLOCK-----
RGBE Y++ N+ SB A- P- L M+ S>+ V+ E+ PR>+ P- a-- B+@(-) TV- r+@ D T-- !nh C- m->m+ t
-----END H2G2 CODE BLOCK-----
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Approved Entries
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.