Escape Pod Dreams - 25

1 Conversation

The case for putting the tots back in the mills and teaching them by telepathy...

The New New blob


There used to be an old black telephone in the garage.

I used it to ring up people that I needed to tell me how to fix my old VW, the air-cooled sort.

That phone got so greasy, but it was Bakelite, so it didn't really take much to clean it.

Nowadays, you can eat a phone with the right mixture of cosmetics and deep-fryer residue.

How very fascinating.

Once upon a time, you could go along the road and the alleys and if you had enough cement mix or could come up with your own recipe, you could gather enough bricks and bottles and cans to build a decent building, if you knew how.

Nowadays everything is PET and flimsy, except for the tomato and citrus juice cans.

Oil cans don't exist anymore.

Tobacco doesn't come in tins.

Cars are made of soybean by product.

Engines are made of ceramic compounds.

Boker even makes knives whose blades are made of a ceramic.

Levis used to have linings in the pockets.

Things ain't what they used to was.


Some other things that have come to lack that "certain something":

1. 8:57 AM

The Case of the Corrugated Tongue

by

The Return of the Seacaucus Seven

1.25 8:58 AM

The case of the Glass Lizard

by

Teryy Pippie :My mother likes my boyfriend!!!!(see update)

1.5 8:59 AM

Healthy Paranoia and Organic fear: shoe buying in a modern mall

by

ETA's CAT (If you look real close, it's a dot, not a period.)

1.8 8:51 AM

Mercy most vile, durance most tiring.

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

29.05.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A1061452

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more