As this park is is only open on Sundays in summer, it would be easy to overlook this hidden gem, but it is well worth visiting if you have an interest in butterflies and wildflowers.
Edgar Rice Burroughs is most famous for creating Tarzan. These novels are set inside the Earth, which is found to be hollow, in the fantastic land of Pellucidar.
Newest Edited Entries
- New Ferry Butterfly Park, Wirral, UK22nd October 2018
- The 'Pellucidar' Novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs22nd October 2018
- Maryam Mirzakhani - Mathematician15th October 2018
- Sword Drill: Militant Activity in the Church Basement15th October 2018
- Can We Ever Forgive Her? Lee Israel and Her Literary Forgeries8th October 2018
- Roger Lancelyn Green - Author8th October 2018
- The Black Prince's Ruby and some of the Misfortunes that Befell the British Monarchy since its Acquisition14th October 2018
- More Fake News: Geoffrey Tandy and the Algae That Saved Civilisation1st October 2018
- Poulton Hall, Wirral, UK1st October 2018
- John Middleton - the Childe of Hale24th September 2018
- A87920832 - Lovecraft - Time, Duality and Identity Crisis Yesterday
- A87920535 - Milk Matters: The History and Significance of Dairy Farming in the United States 4 Days Ago
- A87918664 - The Harlequin Ladybird - Pest Control Turned Pest 4 Days Ago
- A87918970 - Early Christian and Byzantine Art - for the new God 4 Days Ago
- A87918989 - Arts of the Middle Ages - sacred words and sacred pictures 2 Weeks Ago
Now, that's something you don't see every day. What's that, you ask? Just about anything in this week's issue of the h2g2 Post. Meet the Little Green People in Madrid, and find out why the weather's so weird there. Ooh and aah at more extinct critters you've never seen before. Admire the giants, and quiver before the potato hamster. You're not going to believe your eyes!
Posted to: is it afternoon or evening over there ???
From: Hello I am Mad Spender....broke because,well...
2 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Top right
From: Don't Be Put Off By Taking Images in a Short Time!
2 Hours Ago
Posted to: Pesky Groundhogs.
From: Buna seara: Enter of Your Own Free Will
2 Hours Ago
Posted to: What will supper be?
From: Ask h2g2
2 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."