These film specials were heavily influenced by the pantomime tradition and usually involved the 'Carry On' regulars playing numerous roles.
Chavasse Park is an oasis of green space in Liverpool, UK. It is named after a family who distinguished themselves in the city and around the world.
Have you ever been an unwitting spy? If you were a real spy, we wouldn't expect you to admit it, although of course, if you'd like to tell all, we'll pass your usernames on to Edward Snowden.
If you don't have a real story, make one up! Submit some fiction, spy photography, or a poem! Or write a Guide Entry about spies.
December 2018 Create Challenge: The Researchers Who Came in from the Cold
Newest Edited Entries
- The Ultimate Carry On Film Guide: Christmas10th December 2018
- Chavasse Park, LIverpool, UK - Urban Oasis and Family Tribute10th December 2018
- JRR Tolkien's 'Father Christmas Letters'3rd December 2018
- Loriot - Caricaturing the German Soul3rd December 2018
- Dry Rot, or How Not to have your House Eaten26th November 2018
- parkruns of the Isle of Wight and Hampshire26th November 2018
- Milk Matters: The History and Significance of Dairy Farming in the United States13th December 2018
- 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair' - the BBC Television Series19th November 2018
- Berthold Buttgereit and the Gender Police19th November 2018
- The Black Prince's Ruby and some of the Misfortunes that Befell the British Monarchy since its Acquisition12th November 2018
- A87923433 - Architecture of the Middle Ages - darkness and light 8 Hours Ago
- A87925594 - Curlews - a Family of Wading Birds Yesterday
- A87924108 - Classic Sandwich and Sponge Cakes 2 Days Ago
- A87899792 - The Ultimate Carry On Film Guide: 1970 - 1992 3 Days Ago
- A87900249 - The Ultimate Carry On Film Guide: Carry On Laughing 3 Days Ago
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas: Chanukah is over, the solstice approacheth, and winter holiday ideas abound here at the Post. See the photos, watch the videos, try the quizzes, read the fiction! Laugh until it hurts. Yeah, we know our jokes are painful. But who else has extinct dinosaurs, kittehs, and spy stories in the same issue? Seriously.
Posted to: Wart are you looking at?
From: Caption Challenge: Bathing Beauty
1 Hour Ago
Posted to: is it afternoon or evening over there ???
From: Hello I am Mad Spender....broke because,well...
1 Hour Ago
Posted to: Impressionist
From: And the Moon, on the Breast of the New-Fallen Snow…
1 Hour Ago
From: Video: In the Bleak Midwinter
2 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."