British novelist Roald Dahl is best known for being one of the world's most popular 20th Century children's authors. His biggest contribution to film involved writing screen adaptations.
Recent discoveries in quantum biology reveal surprising insights into bird migration tools. That little zebra finch is using quantum mechanics to get around: specifically, quantum entanglement.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
For some of us, September is the start of the new school year. Seeing the school children making their way to school brings back memories, and it is easy to grumble: 'School was harder in my day.' Do you remember school uniforms, leather satchels and desks arranged in straight lines? Were there chalkboards and ink in wells, or computers with sophisticated graphics? Was your school in a log cabin/tent/yurt/Quonset hut, or was it a deluxe layout with a natatorium? Were there metal detectors or just disapproving hall monitors?
Tell us about your schooldays.
September 2021 Create Challenge: Back to School
Newest Edited Entries
- Roald Dahl Films: 1960-197913th September 2021
- Quantum Entanglement for Bird-Brains: Insights into Avian Migration13th September 2021
- How To Make Another Cat Toy6th September 2021
- Mary East aka James How - a Female Husband6th September 2021
- Posthumous Fame: The Story of Hope the Blue Whale11th September 2021
- Little Egrets - Elegant Members of the Heron Family11th September 2021
- Ben Franklin v Counterfeiters: A Tale of Money and Science30th August 2021
- Hilbre Islands, Wirral, UK30th August 2021
- The Vienna Mountain Spring Pipeline - Water for the City30th August 2021
- Elizabeth Cochrane aka Nellie Bly - Investigative Journalist23rd August 2021
- A88031081 - The Accidental Electrocution of John Feeks: A Victim of the Current Wars 21 Hours Ago
- A87996640 - Baroque Architecture - space is an illusion Yesterday
- A88030668 - Duelling Communists! August Willich, and What Karl Marx Thought of Him Last Week
- A88027392 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Encyclopedia Galactica Last Week
- A88024250 - The 1939 Voyage of the St Louis, Refugee Ship Last Week
More wildlife. Photogenic places. Cooking tips. A flash flood video! Humour and cinema and lots of surprises. You'll enjoy this issue.
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."