Since 1963, Doctor Who has been a television series that has involved monsters, with the Daleks considered to be the most successful and terrifying. The Weeping Angels are the first monsters from the 21st Century's revived series to really challenge them for the top spot.
Like the Song Thrush, the Fieldfare is a bird with a speckled breast and brown feathers on its back. However, unlike the Song Thrush it has a grey head and grey rump so is distinctive if it is seen in a field or in a tree.
During the Second World War, people in the US volunteered their dogs for service in the military. We've got the receipts: enlistment papers for dogs. The K-9 corps carried messages, sniffed out explosives, dragged sleds, and guarded facilities.
This month, we're inviting our writers to come up with stories about The Dogs of War. You don't have to approve. You can write science fiction. And yes, you can write about cats. Help us out here.
Post Creative Challenge for September 2023: The Dogs of War
Newest Edited Entries
- Doctor Who Enemies: Weeping Angels11th September 2023
- Fieldfares - Birds in the Thrush Family11th September 2023
- Alien Nation: Tenctonese in the Neighbourhood23rd September 2023
- Franz Joseph Haydn - Composer2nd September 2023
- Grebes of the Podiceps Genus - Agile Diving Birds20th August 2023
- The Waffle House Index, and How It Helps in a Storm20th August 2023
- Doctor Who Enemies: Judoon22nd August 2023
- Bad Wolf Hot Sauce Recipe17th June 2023
- How to be Antisocial in an Online Meeting20th June 2023
- Forget Me Not Care Farm, Wirral, UK17th June 2023
- A88037148 - Smoky: Yorkshire Terrier War Heroine 5 Days Ago
- A88036022 - Tank Glossary 5 Days Ago
- A88036437 - 'Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own' - the Auction Series 6-13 September, 2023 Last Week
- A88035960 - The Tank Museum, Dorset, UK Last Week
- A88036031 - Dr Mary Edwards Walker: Army Physician, Feminist, Eccentric 4 Weeks Ago
We've been out and about, and it's a wild and wonderful planet. Join us for a visit to Aegean islands, some rare boat sightings, and a dazzling array of fall flowers. In other news, cats behaving normally, a dog behaving strangely, a quiz, cinema, comedy and more.
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."