Phineas Taylor Barnum was a shrewd businessman, a famous 'showman', and a beloved figure. No matter what his detractors might have said, he was popular with the acts he managed, the people he did business with, his employees, and pretty much the entire state of Connecticut.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
The Museumsdorf Niedersulz is located in Lower Austria's Weinviertel region. It shows typical buildings of a traditional village of this area at the time around 1900.
Author: Tavaron da Quirm
Most of us have foods that will take our minds off worries, fill us up both in stomach and in soul. Perhaps a winter food comes to mind: hot chocolate, or a slow-cooked soup. But for summer?
For August we want to know about the summer food that brings bliss to your whole being.
August 2021 Create Challenge: Summer Comfort Food/a>
Newest Edited Entries
- The Curious Contradictions of PT Barnum, Showman and Philanthropist2nd August 2021
- Open-Air Museum 'Museumsdorf Niedersulz', Austria2nd August 2021
- Nelle Harper Lee: Context, Influence, Controversy30th July 2021
- Snowbird: The Dark-eyed Junco, a Winter Visitor27th July 2021
- 'The Jungle Book' - Nine Film Adaptations27th July 2021
- 'That'll Be The Day' - the Film25th July 2021
- Spoonbills - Aptly-named Wading Birds25th July 2021
- Quantum Entanglement for Bird-Brains: Insights into Avian Migration3rd August 2021
- Ben Franklin v Counterfeiters: A Tale of Money and Science2nd August 2021
- The Paris Moustache Strike of 190714th July 2021
- A88017564 - The Life and Works of Emily Bronte 5 Days Ago
- A87986146 - Culture Clash: Japanese Anime's Influence from and Inspiration on Western Animation Last Week
- A88026997 - Northern Lapwings - Peewits Last Week
- A88026708 - 'The Watch' - the Television Series 2 Weeks Ago
- A88025231 - Teresa Higginson - Saintly but not a Saint 4 Weeks Ago
We have wildlife! We have video! We have 'how-tos'! We also have humour, and unusual photography. You're going to enjoy this issue. (That's an order from headquarters.)
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."