Planning a Surprise Party

18 Conversations

people in the dark waiting for the guest of honour...

There's nothing like the excitement of a surprise party - the look of astonishment on the guest of honour's face is usually priceless. The event will usually be talked about for months in advance by those in the know and for years after by those in attendance. It's a lot of work, a lot of deception, but this is an instance where the end justifies the means.

This week, dear Community, we want you to tell us how to organise the ultimate surprise party from scratch. And there is so much to consider - you have to think of the guests, transport, venue, food, music, decorations, etc all without the prior knowledge of the guest of honour. So tell us:

  • How do you get the contact details for all the guests as the chances are they won't be in your address book?

  • What about location? Should it be somewhere local where the grapevine is rife or should it be a little further out?

  • How do you ensure that the guests turn up on time?

  • How can you find out who not to invite?

  • How do you keep suspicion at bay - is there a catch-all lie that can throw people off the scent?

The best contributions will be compiled for a future Edited Guide entry.

Graphic supplied by Community Artist Wotchit.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1067861

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more