The Clock

0 Conversations


Index



Nephew Who had to spend a few days at home, his mother needed some assistance. She has been manager and chief Cook for a few years now. The idea was to set up a restaurant in the guide she had seen many Restaurants overhere. Most of these restaurants have no service due to superior management. By beating the bureaucracy with forms they could not resist she managed to get the necessary permits.


You walk together with Traveller in Time to the space flight, it is behind the next door. Nephew Who types the coordinates and you sit strapped in the space ship.

"Is this really needed with all the portals we got today?" you ask Who. He pushes a button and says "No but it is fun ain't it? Look at te stars as they change color, I always love the view of bare space." Finally you arrive at the restaurant.


Nephew Who parks the space ship in the bitbucket and you walk over the space port to the restaurant. He point you to an impressive with fluid light engaved plate "Have you seen what the editors did with the sign. I thought they would provide the real one." The door opens for you, and you walk inside, you look at Who and ask him "Why is it so dark inhere?" he grins "Would you see the dimming of the stars if we made this restaurant bright. And it adds to the ambiance, no distraction."


"Have you ever thought of the question about life, the universe and everything?" he says as you sit down a table staring at a marvelleous view outside the window. The stars are playing games they wander round eachother. Disappearing stars showing up somewhere else. They do an amazing dance. "Yes and was the answer not 42?" you say. He grins again, twinkelings in his eyes "You know it, great. But the question that is the big issue here. I have thought a long way, and this is the only thing I can come up with: 'Why not start all over again?' "


You still stare at the sky, that little red one is chased by an even smaller blue star. "But what would you do again than? Start the whole process of building bigger and bigger computers again? In the Guide on Earth? But you would need all the servers in the world to get even close to let them build a better computer."

A lady comes in she is wearing a shiny dress and holding a tray with some drinks on it. Whithout asking she gives Who a mug of coffee. "Would you like something?" she askes, "My name is Alice I am the mother of Nephew Who and you are?" "I am '' " you reply. "Now well nice to have you as guest in our restaurant. How do you like it so far?" she says as she gives you your drink. "Well thank you that is just wat I needed. I have not seen all of it but for what I have seen it looks great."


"How about restarting the Universe, the end is near as you can see. We only have to apply the rules of this universe to start one ourself." Nephew Who is ligts a cigarette. "But what are the rules?" you ask. He takes his console and shows it to you "You see, we already got a couple.


Space trip to The Restaurant


The Clock, a Digital Clock


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1083223

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more