James Marsters (Bio)

1 Conversation


JAMES WESLEY MARSTERS


...was born on 20th August, 1963 in Greenville, CA, but grew up in Modesto. He graduated from Davis High School in Modesto, after which he attended the Pacific College of the Performing Arts in Santa Maria,California, on a theatre apprentiship scheme. Then at Juilliard (who kicked him out), also the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts and at the American Conservatory Theatre.

James moved to Chicago in the late 1980's where he was the co-founder of the New Mercury Theatre Company, in 1990 the company packed up and relocated to Seattle in the hopes of finding more opportunity, playing to small crowds in any available space, including the basements of restaurants. Then in 1997 James left the company and moved to Hollywood.

After taking several small guest starring roles in shows such as "Northern Exposure", he earned himself a short term contract on BtVS as the season 2 big bad. After that season ended, Joss Whedon decided to keep him on, so he returned in season 4 and has been a regular ever since.

Since then he has had a number of guest appearances in shows such as "Millenium" and "Andromeda", he's theatre credits include "The Tempest" as Sebastian, "Twelfth Night" as Andrew Aguecheck and took the lead role in "Macbeth". He has also Directed a number of theatre productions.

When he's not on camera, he works on his car, drives in the desert, paints and writes, and is the lead singer of a band called "Ghost of the Robot"

Spike Facts

The scar on his left eyebrow was obtained when he was mugged in Queens.

He is left handed

His father used to be a Methodist minister, and his mother a social worker.

On bleaching your hair, he suggests using sweet'n'low in the solution to take the bite out of it.

He has one brother and one sister

Back To Buffy home Page

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1163675

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more