Sculpting Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Sculpting

5 Conversations

Calling all h2g2 Researchers - surely some of you have something to say on the subject of sculpture? If so, the Guide would welcome your input and help to update this germ of an Entry.

Sculpting is one of many forms of artistic expression. A sculpture is a three-dimensional artwork which can be created using a variety of techniques and materials. It is one of the oldest known art forms and many primitive pieces can be found in museums.

Sculptures can be split into two general groups; they may have been built up using several layers of material to produce shape, or the artist may have merely taken a hammer to a big rock. Most sculptures are based upon the human body, and many have been considered obscene. Others are abstract, and can be fairly bizarre, such as half a cow or a brick. Many sculptures are really quite poor quality, but never, ever mention this in a museum.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A147098

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more