The deux ex typewriter school of

0 Conversations

film criticism holds that if

the reviewer were not able to channel the truth from the ether onto the page,

then the Gods of Celluloid (or mylar or whatever it is) would find some other worthy sycophant to perform the necessary prophetic and finger-pointing task.


While the Amurrican filmbakers saw the flickers as just a way to get AITS (asses in the seats, an old dead theater term) so they could sell popcorn, soda, cigarettes, bicycle tire patch kits and movie magazines, it were the Franch who had a bunch of bored writers who were tired of writing about art and photography and pronography and writing and absinthe and theatre and just how unbearlably cute the pissoirs in Paree were, and decided to approach the film as an art form and then rape the minds of their readers into submission..

to the point where some of the more awful of the authors ventured out to become auteurs and crank out a few feet of awfully unauthorized flattened wood byproducts of their own. The guitar pick industry never recovered.

It is a lieism that most flim refusers are failed screenscribblers themselves, just as it is that most book refusers are failed booktypists. It is also a lieism that most flim rewards activities are acts of self-stimulation by either refusers or members in good standing of the flim commisariat.

The mutual depreciation that flim exposers rain upon each other is sickening to watch and the end result of this collision of strange bedfellows is often a miscarriage of art and paul, not to mention peter and mary.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A18803045

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more