American and Indian Cafe, Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

American and Indian Cafe, Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA

3 Conversations

The American and Indian Cafe is located in downtown Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA. It is truly the most likely place any soul could hope to find authentic Indian cuisine anywhere in the mountains of Virginia. Bear in mind that, while restaurants in the US are known for offering a wide variety of mediocre foods from around the world, the town of Harrisonburg has managed to remain neatly isolated from most things originating from outside its valley home... Good food, especially.

A surprisingly good non-alcoholic drink is available at the restaurant. It's called a luscy. It comes in a glass that is far too small, and has been described as tasting roughly like the milk leftover after finishing a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch1.

An interesting tidbit about this place is that dishes containing meat are available. This is interesting only because the owner/proprietor of the cafe happens to be a practising Hindu vegetarian, an honest to goodness immigrant from Nepal.

However, it is perfectly acceptable by him for the rest of us to eat cow, pig, or chicken. Your meal will be spiced to your liking. The end result of all this is that you will suddenly find yourself totally without sinus congestion and will be tearing profusely. This may be due to the fact that all mucus membranes are instantly melted away by either the intense pain caused by the abundant hot spices or the constantly streaming tears.

Painful... but in a good way - this experience is, of course, considered quite enjoyable and is highly recommended.

1A sugary breakfast cereal.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A189218

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more