Clan Malkavian

0 Conversations

Vampire the Masquerade
smiley - vampire
The Eternal Requiem

Basic Information

  • Name - Malkavians
  • Nickname - Kooks, Lunatics
  • Pronunciation - Mal - cave - ee - ans
  • Faction - Camarilla
  • Disciplines - Auspex, Dementation, Obfuscate

About the Clan

All Malkavians are incurably insane. This is virtually the only thing that can be said that applies to the whole of the clan. The Malkavians are as diverse as is imaginable, taking members from all classes and cultures. While some might argue that all vampires are inherently mad, clan Malkavian redefines the concept of madness. Cursed with insanity from the moment of the Embrace, the Kooks are as unpredictable as they come. Worse, sometimes a Malkavian is not recognized as such. The clan's members range from the “insane but harmless” to the raging psychotic beast.

Not infrequently a Malkavian has convinced himself - and those around him - that he is of an entirely different descent. Often Ventrue are victims of such imitation, made even more embarrassing by a Ventrue’s inability to tell the difference between a Malkavian impersonator and a true member of their clan.

Most Malkavians are frightening individuals. Their insanity and unpredictability, combined with the Dementation Discipline that allows them to infect others with madness, make them dangerous allies at best. One never knows when a Malkavian, who is seemingly composed on the outside, might suddenly snap and turn a face of terror towards his companions.

The Malkavians' position in the Camarilla is nonetheless uncontested. Over the centuries these deranged vampires have contributed greatly to the growth and prosperity of the sect, and despite some vulgar breaches of the Masquerade the Malkavians seem to uphold the Traditions dutifully. The clan's Justicar has a powerful voice in the sect, and there are even some Malkavian Princes.

Malkavians are notorious for playing pranks on their Kindred brethren, ranging from harmless jokes to potentially lethal tricks. When dealing with a Malkavian, one often feels as if their shattered minds grasp a concept that we can never hope to understand... And they're laughing at us for our ignorance.

Clan Disciplines

A Discipline is a special power a vampire can use; however, the usage of these powers causes fatigue and they can’t be used for long.

  • AUSPEX (awe - specs) - This is heightened senses, also allows the user to see the aura of the person he or she is talking to.
  • DEMENTATION - The ability to project madness onto a victim
  • OBFUSCATE (Ob - fuss - cate) - Not quite the ability to become invisible, more the ability to become so un-noticed that one just fades into the scenery.
Fortune cookies

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A22959660

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more