Clan Nosferatu

0 Conversations

Vampire the Masquerade
smiley - vampire
The Eternal Requiem

Basic Information

  • Name - Nosferatu
  • Nickname – Sewer Rats
  • Pronunciation – Noss – fur – ar –two
  • Faction - Camarilla
  • Disciplines – Obfuscate, Animalism and Potence

About the Clan

No other clan, save the Nosferatu, can claim to understand why the Kindred are called 'The Damned'. The hideous and painful transformation that each and every Nosferatu endures can leave them both physically and emotionally scarred. Twisted wrecks of their former lives, the Nosferatu become monstrous creatures, loathed, despised and ostracized by mortals as well as vampires.

The Nosferatu, however, have formed a strong unique bond that none of the other clans can rival; forgotten is the petty bickering, the feuds, and the squabbling. Instead they work in harmony, brokers of information unrivalled in this pursuit. They are the clan to seek out when you require information.

With their cunning arts of Animalism, Obfuscate and Potence, they are a force to be reckoned with. The Nosferatu’s strong bond stems from being outcasts together, so if you annoy one member of the clan and you may find yourself at odds with them all!

Nosferatu stay out of sight, but should definitely not be out of mind, as forgetting this formidable clan can make your life more of a living hell than it already is. Their underground complexes are rumoured to be large and well hidden, and they are far bigger than any of that belong to their 'surface-dwelling' cousins.

When meeting with the Nosferatu, be respectful and ignore the smell no matter how bad. If you had lived the entirety of your unlife in the sewers you would not smell so sweet. As they are masters of stealth, know that should you converse with one, there may be many more, unseen, hidden, but close by. If you want the word-on-the-street, the inside scoop, or the up-to-the-minute news, then seek the 'Sewer Rats' but be careful not to call them that to their faces.

Clan Disciplines

A Discipline is a special power a vampire can use; however, the usage of these powers causes fatigue and they can’t be used for long.

  • POTENCE - Potence is a form of super-strength, using potence means you can hit harder and lift heavier objects
  • OBFUSCATE - (Ob - fuss - cate) - Not quite the ability to become invisible, more the ability to become so un-noticed that one just fades into the scenery.
  • ANIMALISM – This is the ability to communicate with animals and make them obey you, the more powerful Kindred can even possess an animal for a very short amount of time.
A game of chess

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A22967319

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more