Clan Gangrel

0 Conversations

Vampire the Masquerade
smiley - vampire
The Eternal Requiem

Basic Information

  • Name - Gangrel
  • Nickname – Beasts, Outlanders
  • Pronunciation – Gang – grel
  • Faction - Camarilla
  • Disciplines –Animalism, Fortitude, Celerity

About the Clan

The night-prowling Gangrel are feral vampires and possess disturbing tenancies and features. Rarely staying in one place, Gangrel are Nomadic wanderers, satisfied only when running alone under the night sky. Their founder is whispered to have been a barbarian, unlike the other progenitors, and for this reason, Gangrel often embrace outsiders.

While other clans have changed somewhat with the times, moving from castle to boardroom or from warrior-scholars to street rabble, the Gangrel have changed very little. Sometimes called "Outlanders" by other kindred, the "typical" Gangrel is a survivor. They need no company or assistance to make their way. They wander widely and are as much at home on the road, in the wilds, or in the city. They can be contemplative or aggressive, respectful of strength or disdainful of authority. With no complicated structure guiding their interactions with other Gangrel, they follow their instincts to keep their bestial nature from destroying their relationships with their clan mates.

The Gangrel have few advantages in kindred society, and cannot afford to introduce weaknesses into their blood. Gangrel always embrace for a reason, often watching the potential childe for months or years before gifting them with the embrace. When the time is right, the deed is done quickly and without explanation. The Gangrel sire is on the move even as they lick closed the wound from which their new childe has been fed. It's not uncommon for the childe to awaken alone, failing to even glimpse the fleeing vampire.

However, despite their nomadic and unsociable behaviour they are welcomed in the Camarilla, for perhaps no other reason than they fear them as enemies should they become Sabbat.

Clan Disciplines

A Discipline is a special power a vampire can use; however, the usage of these powers causes fatigue and they can’t be used for long.

  • FORTITUDE – This is basically being hard-as-nails; not only is it harder for you to actually get injured but when you are injured you’ll just ignore the pain and keep going.
  • ANIMALISM - This is the ability to communicate with animals and make them obey you, the more powerful Kindred can even possess an animal for a very short amount of time.
  • CELERITY(sell - air - ity) - This is super-speed, basically you move at double the speed of humans for a set amount of time; if you shorten the time able to do it then you can move faster.
Auroras

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A22972124

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more