Clan Kiasyd

0 Conversations

Vampire the Masquerade
smiley - vampire
The Eternal Requiem

Basic Information

  • Name - Kiasyd
  • Nickname – Weirdlings, Darklings, Scholars
  • Pronunciation – Key – ah - sid
  • Faction - Sabbat
  • Disciplines – Auspex, Quietus, Presence

About the Clan

At the best of times reclusive, at the worst of times wrathful, the Kiasyd bloodline is known for being made up of dangerously quiet scholars. Every last one of the Wierdlings undergoes a change upon the Embrace. They elongate, becoming gaunt and tall, even by Kindred standards. Their skin becomes a chalky white, and their eyes cloud over with a shadowy blackness that hides whatever colour they may have been previously.

Unlike the Lasombra , these vampires do not revel in politics, or in their vampire natures. In a world of violence and pain, the Kiasyd have drawn into their massive libraries, and the thirst for knowledge that seems to plague those of the line. Where Setites deal, and the Malkavians tease, the Kiasyd horde, sharing only with fellow Wierdlings, in a massive clan meeting every 50 years. Due to their reclusive nature, and their even odder habit of only allowing two of the line to live in any one city, little is known of the line, and in fact, few vampires of recent creation even know that the Kiasyd exist.

The Kiasyd themselves are very loosely organized. Each to their own studies, how ever morbid or righteous they may be. The clan seems to have no organized goal to their research, but this does not stop the Kiasyd from accumulating information and at times, artifacts, that most Elders would giver their hearts to possess.

Some believe the Kiasyd would be better suited to the Camarilla; however, they hold a staunch loyalty to the Lasombra as their parent clan.

Clan Disciplines

A Discipline is a special power a vampire can use; however, the usage of these powers causes fatigue and they can’t be used for long.

  • QUIETUS (key – eh – tuss) – This is the ability to create a sphere of complete silence in the immediate vicinity around you.
  • PRESENCE - Presence is the means to make others like you. With Presence on people will be more inclined to talk to you, trust you and obey you. It is not mind control, but rather a manipulation of emotions.
  • AUSPEX (awe - specs) - This is heightened senses, also allows the user to see the aura of the person he or she is talking to.
Montage of folk asking philosophical questions.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A23006585

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more