Non-Christians for Sexual Abstinence

8 Conversations

Welcome to Non-Christians for Sexual Abstinence

Why We Exist

In Western nations, especially the US, Christian groups have turned the idea of abstinence into a Christian topic; they've promoted it as part of Christianity to the point where anyone who practices it is assumed to be some sort of conservative Christian.

As a non-Christian who intends to practice virginity until (and after, of course) death, I find this a bit annoying.

Thus I'm setting up this as a place for non-Christians who chose to practice absinence (and Christians who do so for non-religious reasons) to post their views and support for the idea.

Sign Up

If anyone would like to join my listing of members, please let me know on the thread entitled "Sign Me Up".

The only requirements are that you are, for the time being committed to sexual abstinence and that you aren't doing so because you feel your Christianity requires you to.

Optional: In your sign-up posting on the thread, state your religion and reasons for abstinence if you wish. When I get a chance I may add this to the list of those who've signed up.

Obviously, if you change your mind and stop practicing abstinence, tell me and I'll take you off the list.

Badge

U519437 kindly designed this badge, which you may post on your user-page if you wish:

Non-Christians For Abstinance
smiley - ok

Researchers Who've Signed Up

  • U581215
  • U187234
  • U201118
  • U519437
  • U675186
  • Former Members

  • U236290

  • Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A2302525

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    References

    h2g2 Entries

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more