The Darkness Downstairs - Part Two

0 Conversations

Last episode: I could hear the sound of crackling evil laughter. The laughter got louder and louder. This malevolent 'person' was drawing closer and closer as I tried to escape from it. The more I ran the more it followed me. I could not escape from this evil thing.

Part Two

The corridor that I was in was very long and it seemed to be like a never-ending enclosing tunnel. I eventually found a door at the bottom of the corridor. Suddenly as I went towards the door the footsteps stopped. I turned around and discovered what looked like a Nazi soldier pointing a gun at me.

His face was streaked with blood and his eyes were filled with hatred as he saw me as 'The enemy' to be killed at all costs. I tried to scream but no sound came out of my mouth, and I also knew no one would hear me out here. All of a sudden the man dropped down dead. I heard the sound of a gunshot and saw a soldier run off in the far distance.

I opened the door and I tried to find the switch but when I found it would not come on. I walked down some stairs which led me to the cellar. I knew it was the cellar because I could hear the sound of scampering rats and the slow dripping of water in the background.

The sound of loud bangs and thuds started again. I looked around me but all there was pitch darkness, no sign of light anywhere in the cellar. A little while later - about half an hour - the room was filled with a very radiant and dazzling light and I heard the sound of whimpering and crying which pierced the silence of the night.

I turned around and suddenly the faces of terrified people who were severly wounded and injured appeared and stared at me. They looked so helpless and their faces looked as though they were begging for my help. Many were huddled up together, adults and children. Even though all came from different backgrounds and classes they all had one thing in common; they were in total fear.

Not much later - perhaps a minute - all the images of the people and the sounds of the night disappeared before me and I was left in total darkness and silence.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I remember was seeing light seeping through the bottom of the cellar door and I also heard muted voices coming louder and closer to me. I thought it must be morning now. I got up and I walked up the steps towards the light and opened the door to find myself in a busy hotel. Suddenly the whole place was full of staff and customers all hurrying around at their business. Yet last night it was totally void and empty of all people and in total darkness.

Postive Thinker

26.02.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2346842

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more