North Carolina, USA

2 Conversations

North Carolina is one of the 50 United States of America. It's middle-sized for a state and shaped like a big triangle. Millions of people live there, along with about a quadrillion mosquitoes, the Great Dismal Swamp and a whole lot of Loblolly pines. It has a temperate climate and is conveniently located in the dead centre of hurricane alley.

North Carolina's most important export is tobacco. Let's face it, the place was founded on tobacco, and grows the best, most plentiful tobacco of any place on Earth. North Carolina is therefore probably one of the leading causes of death. Many people have realized this, and are working to correct the situation by encouraging people to grow more useful things, such as food. This is proving difficult, however, because lots of people want to smoke tobacco, and a whole bunch of others want to sell tobacco to the ones who want to smoke it.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A240805

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more