Aberdeen, Scotland

4 Conversations

Where is Aberdeen?


Aberdeen lies in the North East of Scotland.
in an area called Grampain or aberdeenshier.

Whats the entertainment like?


At the Beach there is a theme park called Cadonas. Also at the beach there is : a Night club, the UGI cimema (used to be the Virgin cinema), a bowling alley (one of many in aberdeen), a VERY!!! fun Swimming pool and Lesuire centre and finally an ice rink. Also there are many parks.

Tourist attractions


I could not mention Aberdeen without mentioning the multitue of Castles. There is to many to list here. There is two main museums called the marintime museum and the art Gallery.

Aberdeen is an old fishing village. Once the oil came to Aberdeen, the fishing side of Aberdeen was effected. Aberdeen has a big harbour because of the oil. Aberdeen has two ferrys which goto Orkney and Shetland. Every week day there is one ferry in port. There is still some fishing trade in Aberdeen so there is a fishing boat section as well.

Many buildings in Aberdeen are made from Granite which Aberdeen is famous for. Aberdeen is a brillant city!


#

If you get lost in Aberdeen here is some important places.

Union Street - Almost all busses go down this street. This is the centre of Aberdeen and many shops are located ethier in it or beside it. If you get lost you should find a bus stop and get on a bus that goes to the Union Street or the surounding area of Union street.

The Tourist Information Centre - This is a good place to get information about hotels or if you are lost. This is located on Broad Street at the end of Union Street beside the Tollboth.

Bon Accord Shopping centre - This is a big shopping centre which is located on Schoolhill. Schoolhill is loacted At the first set of traffic lights on Broad Street.

These are probally the most important buildings in Aberdeen. If you need to find any more buildings goto the tourist information centre.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A280946

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Currently in:

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more