A fine local hostelry, innovatively built in the shape of ship's hull, offering top quality ales and a genial atmosphere, along with piped '60s music and free food now and again. No pool table or dartboard, just quality beer, lots of vending machines of all descriptions and good old Geordie craic1. Perhaps the only pub really worth bothering with in the area.
1A Geordie is someone from the Tyne and Wear area and craic means a good time.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- The American Chestnut: The Campaign to Save the Trees
- When Is a Turtle a Calendar?
- 'Ferry Cross the Mersey' - a History of the Mersey Ferries
- 'Wet Leg' - the Album
- The Many Careers of Sol Bloom
- Zorro: Swashbuckling Hero and Role Model
- h2g2 Merchandise - On Sale Now!
- 'Jane Eyre' - a Novel by Charlotte Bronte
- Bring Your Own Popcorn and Watch an Exploitation Movie: Roger Corman's Swamp Women
- Doctor Who Enemies: The Great Intelligence and Yeti