Verse and Prose (UG)

1 Conversation

Inspired by "Hansel and Gretel" story.

Official UnderGuide EntryWe had fun, so much fun

Fun is gone

Gingerbread home we had

That is gone

Sun was bright, in blue sky

All are gone


We had sand in a box

That is gone

As we played in the sand

It got dark

Sun was gone, clouds came

Got real dark

What happened? Did not know

Why so dark?

Wicked Witch from the sky

Blew the fun


Hans and Gret had to run,

No more fun

Wicked Witch with black stick

Killed the fun

Wicked Witch had the fun

But ugly one


If it goes all like this

My mind is gone


Five o'clock: good morning

Night is gone

Sun is up, let's get up

Nightmare gone.

Gecko woke up as the rising sun smiled into her bedroom, which was under a rock. Because of her cold- blood she was shivering. Slowly climbed out into the sunshine. Her green skin was almost bluish color, which in the warm sunshine turns into a warm yellow-green.

With exposing her full body she took a most wonderful air-bath lying in the warm sun. Oh, it felt so good after a night with a bad dream! Actually the story of "Hansel and Gretel" has a happy ending but Gecko did not wait for that: she was scared from the Witch! And woke up screaming!

In her morning relaxation warming up the cold-blooded circulation her mind started to work with the usual vigor and was recollecting what happened before she fell asleep.

She was listening to the early works of the Child Mozart. The simple rhythm from the sound of Mozart's music somehow in her little animal brain a simple rhythm was born and Gecko started to create a little verse. The theme came from the book she was reading: The Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales.

She had great appreciation for such classic as the Grimm Brothers: Jacob and Wilhelm collected old German Folk Tales living only by words of mouth! But since the Brothers gathered these very valuable Folk Tales and published them, they saved them for humanity to enjoy all over the world since ever than.

In the early years of the XIX th Century this certainly was great, ingenious idea. The Fairy Tales were mainly told to children, but they are all full with most wonderful universal truths many times in charming symbolism.

The meaning of the story "Hansel and Gretel" is about the good will of humans, many times in childish naivety, will be crossed by the destructive, cruel evil spirit of the Wicked Witch. All these are human characteristics.

But Gecko in her "nightmare" did not come to happy ending.

As the children outsmart the wicked witch and burn her in fire and regaining their freedom.

Unfortunately it happens with humans that they give up fighting the evil, before they would reach victory. This was Gecko's thought about her "nightmare".

The moral of "The story of Hansel and Gretel" is:

Good will is victorious over the evil.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2874981

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more