Last of The Summer Vino - God Moves to Town

0 Conversations

Yet another foreigner has decided to settle down in our Tuscan hilltop town. Apparently Heaven isn’t what it used to be. The place has become very overcrowded since Hell introduced very strict immigration laws, and Purgatory was designed as a temporary buffer zone not a long term solution.

When asked about his decision to come to our town he said

“I have been doing this job for as long as I can remember and so a rest is well merited, I found Barga by accident whilst cloud surfing, I made a few enquiries and hey presto, here I am. I found the people here to be very friendly and generous, they are even helping me to restructure my property by chipping in for a new roof”.

After only a few days here, he was seen blessing the wine at my local bar and was heard to say “Don’t worry folks, I am not working, I just wanted to make it a little more drinkable”.

A regular commented, “I always said it would take a miracle for this wine to become drinkable, I just hope the price doesn’t go up”

I am personally delighted with God’s decision to settle in my town. I mean what better answer can there be to the wife’s age old question,

“..And who were you with last night until 3 O’Clock in the morning!!!”


May god be with you (especially if your out late).

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2875539

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more