Created | Updated Jan 28, 2002
Tortillas are thin pancakes which originate from Mexico. They are eaten all over the world in a variety of cultures, including the UK.
This recipe makes an enjoyable light 'starter', which can be served as the first part of a three course meal. Alteratively, it can be eaten as a light snack.
Ingredients (serves two)
- 2 tortillas
- 1 onion
- Turkey thigh
- Cooking oil
- Chicken seasoning
- Freshly prepared salad of your choice.
- Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Place the turkey thigh into a frying pan, sprinkle with chicken seasoning as desired, and fry for approximately five minutes until golden brown.
- Add the chopped onion to the turkey and fry for a further 20 minutes stirring constantly
- Heat the tortillas for one minute until warm either in the microwave, under the grill or in another frying pan.
- Place one tortilla on each plate and place the turkey thigh and onion in the centre.
- Fold each edge of the tortilla to the centre, turn the tortilla over to prevent it from opening, and serve with the freshly prepared salad.