Bracknell, Berkshire, UK Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

6 Conversations

Bracknell is the central town in the borough of Bracknell Forest, Berkshire, England, and is between 30 and 40 miles from London, depending on which authority is consulted.

Many large companies are situated there, including a number of international names, and for entertainment there is the Peel Centre, containing among other attractions a 10-screen cinema and a bowling alley.

The South Park Centre hosts many cultural activities, and is the focus for the annual Bracknell Festival, with its mixture of jazz, folk, blues, and rock music1.

Generally, however, Bracknell combines the disadvantages of the countryside with the unpleasantness of the city. It is densely populated, but it has no nightlife and few nice shops. To go out, you have to go to Wokingham, Windsor or to London. Bracknell is not even close enough to London to easily go there for a night out.

Other villages/towns that are part of the Borough include Binfield, which has a few really good country pubs, and Winkfield which has an excellent restaurant called 'The Cottage Inn' which serves expensive, but extremely good traditional English food of which the lamb shoulder is well recommended.

1 The Festival has been described as 'not too big for comfort, charming, and affordable'.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A322291

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more