The Campaign for Thursday's Manifesto to Explain Everything... and more...

1 Conversation

Home of the ThursdayitesMember ListAll Things ThursdayThe Board RoomThe ManifestoThe Job Centre


Back to the Campaign Page

Since this page is one of the oldest bits of Thursdayite doctrine, it should be perfectly acceptable for me to scribble new rules on it in blue crayon.

Rule One: Red is allowed in the Thursday Thirst Bar even though she's a Thingite.

Rule Two: Free Toffee Apples for everyone every Thursday smiley - toffeeapple

The Campaign is to keep the day of the week Thursday as it is, and not have it renamed "Thing".
The Thingites also want to rename the other days of the week, and consider the word Thursday to be blasphemous.
The Campaign for Thursday is against the aforementioned notions.

The beginning of the Thingites

The renaming of Thursday campaign apparantly started thus:

Somebody said: 'I don't like Thursdays'

Clive the Flying Ostrich said: 'I've always had an ambition to re-name Thursday "Thing"'

Acidbath said: 'Cool! in this glorious campaign I should want to be a Grand Vizier.'

Clive the Flying Ostrich said: 'Okay you can be my Grand Vizier if I can be Warlord.'

AB: 'Alright!'

(quoted from a Thingite page)

For a long time this idea went unchallenged in h2g2, and those who opposed were quickly converted. But this was only because there was no alternative for them to choose.

The Campaign for Thursday offers that much needed alternative for those who beleive in a thing called Thursday1

The war between the Thingites and the Terranic Army

In September 2003, the Terranic Army proposed war on the Thingites. This lasted for ten days before a ceasefire was agreed. The Campaign for Thursday is therefore an ally of the pro-Thurday members of the TA, and we will assist them if needs be...

The beginning of the Campaign for Thursday

The Campaign began on the 21st of November 2004 after AlexAshman discovered the origin of the No No No!! thread and was appalled. He created the username Thursday and began to spread the news. The Campaign gained seven more members in the first 25 hours, one of whom was Ottox - the Nemesis of the Thingites...

The Calendar

The Campaign produces a monthly calendar. This is because the Thingites have a calendar themselves, but it has the days named wrongly...

The Campaign Calendar has seven days per week, with Thursday highlighted in blue2.

The Board Room

Although this Board Room serves a different purpose, its name is a reference to the Thingite Boardroom of Evil, General Plotting and General Mayhem.

1As opposed to a Thursday called Thing2The official colour of the Campaign for Thursday

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A3313757

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more