My Life as a Boozy Oaf

1 Conversation

It's short,

It's sweet.

It lacks a festive beat.

It's a ramble!

From a Munchkin

It's scrawled,

But it's quick.

It doesn't beat you with a stick.

It's a ramble,

Barely about Christmas!

So, the Christmas issue. I think that means I am supposed to discuss something festive. Haven't a clue what though. This year will be quite interesting actually, what with a tree appearing in my house for the first time and a big festive dinner party and relatives and stuff. What is probably most different about this year is the decorations. I have been well know for many years now as not the most festive. It is true that I have been known to say 'Humbug!' on occasions. And I don't have decorations. Never saw the point. I get bored with them very quickly and seeing them in the High Streets for over a month is more than enough for me.

But now there is someone else in my house. And she is somewhat more festive in her outlook. So we have a tree. And lights. And an angel on the top. It's even a real tree. With sap, cellulose and green bits that fall off. Also, much to her surprise, it has no root ball and so I doubt it will actually last to Twelfth Night. It's festive-tastic rightly.

There was a reason to get the tree though. And that was a dinner party for fifteen we had at the weekend there. Sounds awfully posh doesn't it? Well, considering the way I teleported from politely eating sprouts to rampant drunkenness it certainly was not. Toc put much superb effort in and the food was wonderful. We had a ten pint trifle. It may be quite hard for you to imagine what ten pints of trifle looks like. Suffice to say I could fit my head into the bowl, when empty, with ease. I think there is still five pints in the fridge. However, I got somewhat wired into the wine (a nice Australian Shiraz I believe) and, because I was helping dish up, did not eat as much as everyone else. Still I don't seem to have insulted anyone and nothing got broken so I will chalk it up as a success.

And on that successful note I shall end this waffle. Hopefully I shall return from the holidays refreshed and with something more witty to say. In the meantime have a good holiday of your choice and don't get too silly. That's my job and I'm a professional.

Next Time: New Year, New Socks.

My Life as a Boozy Oaf Archive

Munchkin

16.12.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

Christmas Lights original artwork by Blue Bird

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A3407816

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more