MUG SHOTS

1 Conversation

At Irving Washington's Aroma Cafe there is a loyal and growing crowd of regulars. This page is the Cafe's way of giving recognition to both regulars and employees for making the cafe the popular destination it is today.

Top shelf,from left to right:

  • Irving Washington, the boss, has a trendy concave mug emblazoned with the cafe logo.
  • Bluebottle's mug is emblazoned with the outline of his home, the Isle of Wight
  • Asteroid Lil uses a cup from her Denby Cotswold earthenware because she loves the texture on the sides of the cup
  • Ook's cup is half a coconut shell with his name on it.
  • Joanna's mug is black with a distant galaxy emblazoned upon it.
  • Second shelf

  • Redbeard's mug is black with abstract deep red flame patterns.
  • Ioreth's mug was given to her by her mother on her return from a trip to British Columbia. It features artwork by Native Americans.
  • Looneytunes' mug is a treasured artifact from New Zealand Rail.
  • Garius Lupus' mug is sky blue with the moon and impossibly twinkling stars.
  • Courtesy38 has one of those macho Japanese mugs with no handle and the kanji for his style of aikido on the side.
  • Third Shelf:

  • BluesSlider always has a double espresso!
  • Demon Drawer has a big yellow mug with a popular sentiment on its side.
  • There are several more mugs yet to come on this shelf.
  • Bottom shelf -- storage for absent and AWOL regulars

  • Vlad's cup is hand-thrown and moulded, with a thick, deep orange glaze and a calligraphic V on the side. He's off on an expedition right now, but sent us a postcard of a yak.
  • Somat Witty says her mug is a silver hologram of a silver hologram mug, an infinite regress... She signed off because she had a boyfriend, so we've put her mug in the corner.

  • Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Conversations About This Entry

    Entry

    A345476

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Written and Edited by

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more