The Marketing Machine

1 Conversation


The marketing machine has been rolling over the last couple of weeks.


DNA appeared on Gloria Hunniford's Open House. What can be said, but
she asked the same old questions;
'Why 42?' I think that we've all sort of gathered that DNA hates being asked that.

She asked about the film as well. She even showed a clip of the old television series. But what clip did they choose to show? The scene in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe where the 'Meet the Meat.' A classic clip I think we'd all agree, but boy did it look dated. Still funny mind you.

Gloria also moved on to mention this lil' ole' website here and asked DNA what it was all about. I think that I've now heard him tell the idea of sitting in a cafe and adding your description to the online Guide enough times now, please find a different way of putting forward the concept. Although to be fair it is slightly different each time. But whether you add 'This coffee's great', 'This coffee's lousy' or 'The waitress is in a really foul mood today', it's still the same story.

On the same day as his television appearance DNA also made it to Radio 5. And answered much the same questions.

And the highlight for me? That would be one of my friends phoning me up this week to tell me that the front page of the BBC News site was linking to an interview with DNA where he is asked and answers the same questions again. But at least the BBC managed to put in some pictures, one of which is of DNA sat in front of a surveying stick in 1980.

Why am I telling everyone this? I would like to put out a plea to all media researchers and interviewers. Please, please, please, ask some different questions!


Pastey


05.06.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A351901

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more