Hostess Fruit Pies Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Hostess Fruit Pies

2 Conversations

In the world of snack food, some say that Hostess brand products run high above their competitors Little Debbie, Plantation, and the like. The Hostess Fruit Pie is one such food that remains a step ahead of all the imitation snacks.

The Hostess Fruit Pie is available in many flavours, though the original three are cherry, blueberry, and apple. A firm, sugary crust flaked with sweet glaze surrounds the inner fruit filling. Each pie is large enough to satisfy most sweet tooths and a napkin is recommended during eating.

Hostess Fruit Pies soared to popularity in the 1970s and were promoted by Marvel Comic superheroes of all types. The original ads remain favourites among collectors.

Hostess Fruit Pies may be eaten straight from the package, but can be warmed in an oven, much like any pastry.

Today the pastries remain a staple product of the Hostess snack food company and occupy a proud spot in convenience stores and gas stations across the United States.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A401914

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more