Purists' Scrambled Eggs

0 Conversations

To my mind the addition of milk or cream or water to scrambled eggs is to be avoided, and so I present my alternative recipe:

2 eggs per person for breakfast or a snack
Salt and plenty of black freshly milled pepper
A large knob of butter

Give the eggs a good beating with a fork in a large bowl, add the salt and most of the pepper. Heat the butter in a saucepan on a low heat until it's melted. Add the eggs and stir constantly, breaking up the egg which solidifies on the bottom. The time to take it off the heat is where the art lies, you have to remember that it will continue to cook after you take it off the heat, so keep stirring after you remove from the heat. You want the eggs to have just stopped being runny, but no further, you definitely don't want it to be completely solid. Spoon it immediately on to hot buttered toast, and grind some more black pepper on top. Don't let it wait and get cold, eat it immediately.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A440588

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more