Just For Fun

0 Conversations


Hello again, time for yet more fun with Greebo. First of all, I would like to thank you for the great response from last week. Sorry if your letter doesn't get published, as there is only a limited amount of space, but please do keep them coming in.



It's A Wrap



The weekly quiz, based on TV and Film. The names of the researchers who send in all the correct answers will be published in next weeks POST. All answers MUST be in by Friday 13th October 2000.



The Crow
  1. Who played Eric Draven?
  2. How long after his death, is Eric brought back to life?
  3. What bird is featured in the film?
  4. Who composed the musical score?
  5. What is the name of Eric's girfriend?


The answers to last weeks question and a list of researchers with all correct answers, can be found below.

Joke of the Week



Mr. Bear and Mr. Rabbit didn't like each other very much - in fact, they were what one might describe as arch enemies. One day, while walking through the woods, they came across a golden frog.


They were amazed when the frog talked to them. The golden frog admitted that he didn't often meet anyone, but, when he did, he always gave them six wishes. He told them that they could have 3 wishes each.


Mr. Bear immediately wished that all the other bears in the forest were females. The frog granted his wish. Mr. Rabbit, after thinking for a while, wished for a crash helmet. One appeared immediately, and he placed it on his head.


Mr. Bear was amazed at Mr. Rabbit's wish, but carried on with his second wish. He wished that all the bears in the neighbouring forests were females as well, and the frog granted his wish.


Mr. Rabbit then wished for a motorcycle. It appeared before him, and he climbed on board and started revving the engine. Mr. Bear could not
believe it and complained that Mr. Rabbit had wasted two wishes that he could have had for himself. Shaking his head, Mr. Bear made his final wish - that all the other bears in the world were females as well, leaving him as the only male bear in the world.


The frog replied that it had been done, and they both turned to Mr.
Rabbit for his last wish. Mr. Rabbit revved the engine, paused for a
second, then said, "I wish that Mr. Bear was gay!" and rode off as fast as he could!


Name That Song



Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it. Answers will be published in next weeks Post. This one is 'Just For Fun' folks, so don't E-Mail me the answers.


This weeks quote:-



'I want to run, I want to hide, I want to tear down the walls'


Best on the Web



Each week I try to show you a page on the web that has got to win an award somewhere, even it is 'The Oddest Web Page on the Net Award'. So if you know a web page that I should check out for inclusion in this section, then e-mail me and let me know. Remember to keep it clean folks...



Ever wanted to see what you look like whilst you are at the computer? Well here's the place to find out, The Magic Web Cam. How it works, no one knows, but work it does. Go try it out for yourself HERE.


Letters to the Cat



Now some of the best letters sent in this week, keep them coming in folks.



Dear Greebo,

I thought you would like to hear this news I heard on the local radio.

'Today I'm passing on this sad, sad news. There was a great loss today in the entertainment world. The man who wrote the song "Hokey Pokey" died.

What was really horrible is that they had trouble keeping the body in the casket. They'd put his left leg in and...'

Well, you know the rest.

Sue D'Nym


Thanks for sharing that with us Sue!!



Hi Greebo,

I came across this movie rating list, thought I would share it with you.

G: Nobody gets the girl.

PG: The Good Guy Gets The Girl.

R: The Bad Guy Gets The Girl

X: Everybody Gets The Girl.

XXX: Everybody gets the girl, her mother, and their cocker spaniel.

Annie Muss


Good list Annie...


THE WINNERS


Nobody got all the answers right to last weeks It's A Wrap, bad luck all those that sent in.

LAST WEEKS ANSWERS



IT'S A WRAP
  1. C3PO
  2. George Lucas
  3. Mark Hamill
  4. John Williams
  5. James Earl Jones



NAME THAT SONG


The Living Years by Mike And The Mechanics.


AND FINALLY



I am away from my computer for a week, next week, so there will be no 'Just For Fun', sorry folks. But never fear it will be back, bigger, better and even more jam packed the following week.

Send your quiz answers, jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

02.10.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A446483

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more