Conlig, County Down, Northern Ireland Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Conlig, County Down, Northern Ireland

1 Conversation

Conlig is a small village in County Down, Northern Ireland which straddles the dual-carriageway between Bangor and Newtownards. It may be small but it boasts a championship golf course at Clandeboye and a twin to the more famous Scrabo Tower in Newtownards called Helen's Tower. The most famous person to come out of Conlig is Eddie Irvine the Formula 1 motor racing driver.

Entertainment is limited and the locals tend to go elsewhere for good nightlife. However, the addition of Route 66 Diner at least gives another eatery besides the golf club. For a good drinking night out, get the bus and head to The Whiskey Haw (Newtownards) or Donegans, Calico Jacks or Jenny Watts (Bangor). If you can't afford the bus fare and can't hitch a ride you may, if desperation calls, try the local Conlig pub, The Golf Inn.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Edited Entry

A476615

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more