Just for Fun

1 Conversation


Another week another Just For Fun, here to keep a smile on your face and a warm glow in your heart.



IT'S A WRAP



DIE HARD


Suspense. Excitement. Adventure On Every Level!
  1. How much money were the thieves after?
  2. Who played the part of John McClane?
  3. In which city was McClane a police officer?
  4. Who directed the film?
  5. At what seasonal time of year was the film set?
    Easter, Christmas or Halloween


The answers to last times questions and a list of researchers with all correct answers, can be found below.


JOKE OF THE WEEK


An airplane full of a shipment of Pepsi flying over Africa had a malfunction, and went down. A few weeks later, Pepsi sent a rescue plane.


They searched the area and found a tribe of cannibals. They walked up to the Chief of the tribe and asked him if he knew anything about the crash.


The Chief said, "Yeah." When asked where the crew was, the Chief replied, "We ate the crew, and we drank the Pepsi." The rescue crew were shocked.


One man asked, "Did you eat their legs?" The chief replied, "We ate their legs, and we drank the Pepsi."


Another rescuer asked, "Did you eat their arms?" The Chief said, "We ate their arms, and we drank the Pepsi."


After looking totally perplexed for a minute, a third asked, "Did you..you know...eat their...ah, err, 'things'?"


The chief said, "No."


"No?" asked the rescuer.

"No," replied the Chief. "Things go better with Coke."


NAME THAT SONG


Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it. Answers will be published in next weeks Post. This one is 'Just For Fun' folks, so don't E-Mail me the answers.


This weeks quote:-



' A child is a king, the carolers sing... '


BEST ON THE WEB


Every week I try to show you a page on the web that has got to win an award somewhere, even it is 'The Oddest Web Page on the Net Award'. So if you know a web page that I should check out for inclusion in this section, then e-mail me and let me know. Remember to keep it clean folks...



A researcher on h2g2, The Pink Dandelion, sent in this rather nifty little christmas gadget. Thought you all would like to take a look... enjoy!!!


CLICK HERE


LETTERS TO THE CAT


Now some of the best letters sent in this week, keep them coming in folks.

Some letters may be edited due to space limitations



Dear Greebo,

Got this in my e-mail and thought I would pass it on to you.


Santa can't possibly be a man because:


-Men can't pack a bag.


-Men would rather be dead than caught wearing red velvet.


-Men would feel their masculinity is threatened by having to be
seen with all those elves in costume.


-Men don't answer their mail.


-Men would refuse to allow their physique to be described, even in jest, as anything remotely resembling a "bowl full of jelly."


-Finally, being responsible for Christmas would require a serious
commitment.


Henrietta Whodunit


I've always had my suspisions Henrietta!!

Greebs

THE WINNERS and LAST WEEK'S ANSWERS

Alas no winners yet again... But nice try for all those that entered, better luck this week guys...


It's A Wrap

FACE/OFF
  1. Who directed the film?
    John Woo
  2. What is the name of the character played by Nicolas Cage?
    Castor Troy
  3. John Travolta starred in a hit film about a high school. What was that film called?
    Grease
  4. Whose face gets taken off first? (The actors name please)
    Nicolas Cage
  5. What agency does Sean Archer work for?
    CIA, FBI or CI5
    FBI

Name That Song Answers


' Two American kids doin' the best they can. Jack is gonna be a
football star. '


Jack and Diane by John Couger


AND FINALLY



Send your quiz answers, jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

18.12.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A493986

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more