Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- Alphonse Bertillon Invents the Mugshot
- 'The Complete and Utter History of Britain' - the Television Series
- The Life and Works of Emily Bronte
- The Execution of Private Eddie Slovik: A Story from the Second World War
- The Vertical Plane: A Tale of Poltergeists, Time Slippage, and Talkative Tachyons
- Redshanks - Wading Birds with Red Shanks
- Damnatio memoriae: Cancel Culture Through the Millennia
- The Ultimate DreamWorks Animated Film Guide: 2015-2019
- Helen Keller Plays the Palace: A Vaudeville Story
- The Life and Works of Anne Bronte