Take 5

0 Conversations

Every day a number of newly approved entries are recommended on the h2g2 Main Page... These go by unnoticed to most users as they focus around their own page. This weekly article points out and reviews the ten most entertaining and interesting entries of the week, as far as I'm concerned anyway. My tastes do not reflect yours in any way and feel free to have completely different ideas from mine, it is after all a free country.

  • Düsseldorf, Germany Everything
    you could ever possibly want to know about this German city. I've visited it before but now I'm feeling tempted to return.

  • Black Holes Just in case you
    don't know what one is have a read of this and it will enlighten you.

  • Opera Ever wondered what all
    those robust singing actors are squawking about? Well this is your definitive guide, have a look at this and then make yourself appear really intelligent and cultured next time there is an opera on the telly, or if your unlucky enough to be dragged off to see one at least you'll know what's going on.

  • Sony's Playstation 2 This week's techy entry has to be about my next essential purchase. DO believe the hype, this is going to be huge. Sliced bread has nothing on this.

  • Superheroes This entry had me reaching for my old DC comics. Although they do seem ridiculous a part of us wants to be just like a mild mannered reporter who has trouble dressing properly.

  • The Mummy - Film Review Got to be one of my favourite films of last year and well worth a mention. If you haven't seen it yet... why not?

  • Waterguns - Shoot to Thrill With summer fast approaching it's time to go into the attic and dig out the old squirt guns. Far too good for kids if you ask me.

  • Why we Slip on Ice Next time you fall flat on your arse in the cold, think back to this entry. It won't ease the pain in your bum but at least you'll know why it's there.

  • Hillbillies Would you believe there are different classes of hillbillies? Swot up on your knowledge of yokels with this entry.

  • Gandhi If you haven't heard of Gandhi then there is something wrong. This man changed an entire nation and his influence is still felt today. Read about the life of one of histories truly remarkable people.


Shorty


03.04.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A504433

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more