Web Bug Racing

4 Conversations


WELCOME TO


WEB BUG RACING


Own and race your very own Web Bug.
An exciting NEW era is dawning on H2G2, do YOU want to miss out?

Introducing The Bugs

Web Bug Racing
Web Bugs are strange insect like creatures which are remarkably similar in appearance to what you would call a scarob beetle. The job of these creatures is to push information around the internet, which they do by gathering up the information in a ball and rolling it in front of them until they deliver it to the relevant computer.

These beetles are so quick that it is very difficult, if not impossible to see them at work, so most people have no idea they are there.

The racing Web Bug has been bred over many years by dedicated race fans, they are bigger than there working breathren and also slower, making them the perfect for On-Line Racing.

The Races


Races are run twice a week, once on a Wednesday and then again on a Saturday. The course is set around the internet in various venues, and though still to small for the normal eye to see, the races are reported on and the results put up for the owners of the Bugs to view.

A Race Season lasts for six races, and after the end of the season, the owners points are added up and the winner gets a place on the winners board.

There are five Bugs per race, the Bug coming FIRST receives Five points, SECOND receives THREE points, and THIRD receiving ONE point. The last two placings receive NO points.

Web Bug Owners


If you would like to own a Racing Web Bug, all you need to do is register your name in the forum below and decide what name you would like to call your bug. Please do not abuse the naming process, and only use moderator friendly names.

Sponsorship


If you would like to sponsor a season of races, using any title you like, ie. THE GTC CUP, then use the forum below. Your race title will be used for a full season of six races.


Quitting


If for whatever reason you wish to give up racing, then all I ask is that you complete the season of races you are currently in. As to do otherwise would be unfair to your fellow races. As usual, please use the forum below to quit.


THE RACE TRACK


REGISTER FOR A WEB BUG HERE

THE RACE RESULT AND SCORE BOARD

SPONSOR A RACE

WEB BUGS SEASON WINNERS

QUESTIONS/HELP/I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

I WANT TO QUIT...

smallprint - race spoiler alert



The race results will be acheived by pulling numbers out of a container. Each race has five Bugs, and each Bugs name will be placed in a container and pulled out at random, placing the Bugs accordingly, First to Fifth.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A532450

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more