Just for Fun

1 Conversation



Can anyone answer me this question, why, when I go out and buy myself a new computer game, costing about £40, do I then go back to playing DXBall, which I downloaded off the net years ago for free? The new computer game goes unplayed, after the initial couple of hours of playing.


No doubt the answer is 42, as all good answers are, or, stop buying computer games. Nahhh, I like the 42 answer best. Anyway, enough of me ranting on, it's time for, 'Just For Fun'.



IT'S A WRAP


The weekly movie quiz for all you film buffs out there...answers, as usual, in next weeks 'The Post'.


THREE KINGS


An action-packed adventure you will never forget.

  1. Who plays Major Archie Gates?
  2. During which war is this film set?
  3. Who directed the film?
  4. Who plays Sergeant Elgin?
  5. Where was the gold originally stolen from?


JOKE OF THE WEEK


A Scotsman was visiting a friend in the mountains of Canada. The first morning in the cabin, he awoke and stood by the window admiring the scenery. Suddenly, he noticed a huge animal walk by. "Och, whut's thaaat?" he said.

His Canadian friend looked out and said, "Oh, that's a moose."

"Ouch! If thaaat's a moose, hoo big are your cats aroond here?"



GET YOUR THINKING CAP ON


A question will be set every week for you all to try and answer. The question will be a mind-bending puzzle, and the answer will be given next week.

The question:-
There are four pairs of blue socks and three pairs of red socks in a drawer. In the dark, how many socks must you take out of the drawer to be sure of getting a matching pair?


FUN ON H2G2


I enjoy browsing pages on H2G2, so I thought that I would bring your attention to some of the fun researcher written pages I have come across on my travels.




Tongue Twisters are always fun, especially when someone else is saying them. Nimitz has written an article about them, why not go and see if you can say them.



CLICK HERE


NAME THAT SONG


Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it.

This weeks quote:-




'Golden words he will pour in your ear'


THE WEEKLY ANAGRAM


For those that don't know, an anagram is a word or words, formed from rearranging letters from another word or words. An example anagram would be, Cat Got Beer, which reaaranged makes my name Greebo T. Cat.

Each week I will print an anagram and a clue to what it is. You will have until next week to get the answer.



TRY PERT CHATTER


hint:Fantasy Author



LAST WEEK'S ANSWERS



It's A Wrap

BATMAN AND ROBIN

  1. Who plays Batman?
    George Clooney
  2. Who plays Robin?
    Chris O'Donnell
  3. Who directed the film?
    Joel Schumacher
  4. Who are the two evil baddies of the film?
    Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy
  5. Alicia Silverstone is who in the film?
    Batgirl

Get You Thinking Cap On


Q. How many letters are there in the alphabet?

A. 11 - THEALPHABET

Name That Song


I Have a Dream by Abba


The Weekly Anagram


WEEKLY SULK ARK = LUKE SKYWALKER


AND FINALLY



Send your jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

03.05.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A542639

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more