Just for Fun

3 Conversations



Tis a packed 'Just For Fun' this week, read and enjoy, and don't forget, if you have anything remotely funny that you can send me. Jokes, funny lists, anagrams whatever, send them all to me at the e-mail address at the bottom of the column.



IT'S A WRAP


The weekly movie quiz for all you film buffs out there...answers, as usual, in next weeks 'The Post'.


HACKERS


You thought your secrets were safe, you were wrong.

  1. In what year was Zero Cool arrested?
  2. What was Zero Cool's real name?
  3. Who directed the film?
  4. What is the handle of the evil baddie hacker?
  5. How many computers did Zero Cool crash in 1988?


JOKE OF THE WEEK


A California highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding
car on the crowded freeway. Glancing at the car, the officer
was astounded to see that the old woman behind the
wheel was knitting.


She was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, so the
patroplman cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and
yelled, "PULL OVER!"


"NO," the woman yelled back. "IT'S A SCARF!"



GET YOUR THINKING CAP ON


A question will be set every week for you all to try and answer. The question will be a mind-bending puzzle, and the answer will be given next week.

The question:-
The doctor gives you six tablets and tells you to take one every two hours. If you take the first one at 10am, what time will it be when you take the last one?


FUN ON H2G2


I enjoy browsing pages on h2g2, so I thought that I would bring your attention to some of the fun researcher written pages I have come across on my travels.



How about reading up on a few of those itty bitty little pocket games that we all know and love. This article by The Apprentice tells you everything plus more.




CLICK HERE


NAME THAT SONG


Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it.

This weeks quote:-




'This is the song, we lovers of water sing'


THE WEEKLY ANAGRAM


For those that don't know, an anagram is a word or words, formed from rearranging letters from another word or words. An example anagram would be, Cat Got Beer, which reaaranged makes my name Greebo T. Cat.

Each week I will print an anagram and a clue to what it is. You will have until next week to get the answer.



HEY, NO TONGUES


hint: British Comedy 1980's and 90's



GREEBO'S BIG ONE


Would you like your say on the big issues of the day? Well here's your chance, click below to get transported to Greebo's voting booth, where you can answer the question of the week.

Results will be printed next week.

VOTE HERE



LAST WEEKS RESULTS - This was a fiesty question all right, the voting was close, and now we can finally say, Which Hitch Hiker character is best...

Arthur Dent got 50% of the votes.

Marvin got 33% of the voted.

Zaphod Beeblebrox got 17% of the votes.

Ford Prefect, Trillian and Slartibartfast all turned out to be wet towels..


So there you have it!!! Arthur Dent wins by a huge majority, with half of all votes going his way... As a reward he will be recieving a good, strong cup of really hot tea... Well done Arthur...



THE OCCASIONAL BIT OF FUN


Don't worry about the odd title, this is just a little irregular section which I will include in 'Just For Fun', when I see something that tickles my fancy.


Definitions

ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is
now growing in the middle.


BEAUTY PARLOUR: A place where women curl up and dye.


CANNIBAL: Someone who is fed up with people.


CHICKENS: The only creatures you eat before they are born
and after they are dead.


COMMITTEE: A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.


DUST: Mud with the juice squeezed out.


EGOTIST: Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.


GOSSIP: A person who will never tell a lie if the truth
will do more damage.


HANDKERCHIEF: Cold Storage.


INFLATION: Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.


MOSQUITO: An insect that makes you like flies better.


RAISIN: Grape with a sunburn.


SECRET: Something you tell to one person at a time.


TOOTHACHE: The pain that drives you to extraction.


TOMORROW: One of the greatest labour saving devices of today.


YAWN: An honest Opinion openly expressed.


WRINKLES: Something other people have. You have character
lines.





LAST WEEK'S ANSWERS


It's A Wrap

GET SHORTY

  1. Who plays Chilli Palmer?
    John Travolta
  2. In what year was the film made?
    1995
  3. Who directed the film?
    Barry Sonnenfeld
  4. What is Chilli Palmers job before he gets into show business?
    Loan shark
  5. What role does Gene Hackman play?
    Harry Zimm

Get You Thinking Cap On


Q.When the fire alarm was sounded in the ten-storey building where she works, Greebo didn't bother making for the stairs, but jumped straight out the nearest window. How did she survive?

A. She was on the ground floor.

Name That Song


Money, Money, Money by Abba


The Weekly Anagram


ARIDLY DRUNK PIG = RUDYARD KIPLING


AND FINALLY



Send your jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

31.05.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A569324

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more