Escape Pod Dreams - 111

0 Conversations

Escape Pod Dreams: The Nervous Issue

The New New blob

Don't Worry About It!

I've spent a lifetime being told that I am too sensitive and too anxious.Never mind that I often am justified by research or later developments. 'Don't worry, it'll be all right,' is one of my co-worker's favorite phrases. Never mind that he is a 50/50 prognosticator. He won't remember what he said fifteen minutes later. Once I told him something was not right, he said, 'I've been a maintenance man for twenty years, I know what I'm doing.' Then I pointed out that he was going to apply the adhesive to the wrong surface and he said, 'Oh, okay.' Not a clue.

Now, I have had many people say that having me watch them makes them make mistakes and that if I would only leave them alone, then everything would be okay. So I come back later and find something wrong and tell them and then they say, 'You only noticed it because you were looking for something to criticize.' Not a clue.

Believe it or not, these kinds of peoples makes mes nervouses!

I had the same co-worker, who is now on last-chance probation for various reasons, tell me petulantly the other day, 'Everybody makes mistakes, but apparently not you.' I said, 'Sure I do, I can give you a list.' 'So can I,' said he. But what I didn't say, because I already know that he doesn't understand my antipathy to truisms, is that while 'everybody' makes mistakes, some people are just carrying on with a deviant series of life choices, so we are not talking about 'honest mistakes', but a continuation of what I consider to be a life of crime.

A truly mature and aware person is conscious of the need for lifelong learning. A mere wannabe adult, on the other hand, believes that if you really like them, you'll let them be, clean up after them, and chalk any problems you have with them up to your experience, because they damn well aren't going to gain any any time soon.

PLEH!

The New New blob

More reasons why paranoia is an underrated sense of how reality really works:

1. 8:57 AM
Ying, Yang, Pfui!
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Aspergers "sufferers" in black and white
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
Lesser evils and greater goods, the triage of stupidity
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
How can a contemplative reach the same conclusions as a practitioner?
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams Archive

TonsilRevenge

29.09.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A5918024

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more